Grown in the D is a directory of Detroit Startups, Michigan Incubators, Groups & Meetups, and Michigan Venture Firms…
(Last updated Oct 4,2013)
1. What do these have in common?
These were created, founded, built in Michigan. While we focus on the Metro Detroit area, we do include entries from throughout the entire state of Michigan. For us it’s about the cause, not about drawing lines in the sand.
2. How can we be added to the list?
If you represent a Detroit Startup (or another group that should be listed here), contact us using this form and you’ll hear back within a week (probably sooner).
3. Is there a “Grown in the D” logo that we can display?
We don’t have an official logo, but we encourage you to support this initiative by placing a text link (like this) in the footer of your website:
<a href="http://www.growdetroit.com/detroit-startup-list/">We are a proud Detroit Startup.</a>
4. Great idea! Who’s behind this?
This is a project of Grow Detroit. We were inspired to create this list after seeing the efforts of NYTM (and their list of New York startups). We believe Detroit can become a vibrant tech community like those in Boston, Boulder, and NYC.
5. Where should I send suggestions for improving this page?
Send to email@example.com
- 20Questions - Classic Guessing Game made Social
- AlpineReplay – Personal metrics for skiers and snowboarders
- Ambassador (zferral) - Reward your customers for promoting your brand throughout their social networks.
- The App Room - Mobile app development school teaching iOs & Android development over an 11 week period.
- Are You a Human - Making online human verification simple, intuitive, and fun
- Autobike – Manufacturing automatic shifting bicycles
- Benzinga - Action based trading ideas with a suite of financial tools.
- BillHighway - Financial Performance Optimization for Membership and Donor-Based Groups.
- CampThat – Easily find and provide feedback on camp sites.
- Chalkfly – Online retailer providing school and office supplies.
- Commercial Progression - Drupal Consulting Services
- ConnectAde - Network focused on matching caregivers to families in need of aging care services
- Create My Tee
- Credentialock - The only place to curate your professional career credentials.
- CrowdJuice – Mobile application for events and conferences
- Daily Deal Media - Leading provider of news and data for the Daily Deal Industry
- DealSavant - Deal Marketing and Management Platform for Small Business
- Detroit Labs - Premium iPhone/iPad/Android apps and startup incubator.
- Detroit Softworks - Hosted Services for College News Media
- Digital Roots – Social CRM
- Duo Security - Two-factor authentication made easy
- eJobMate - Revolutionary hiring technology connecting employers and job seekers.
- Energy Flair
- EVitamins – eVitamins is a leading retailer of lifestyle management products
- Fetchnotes - cloud-based note-taking apps
- Glocal - Collect and share the articles you read, video you watch and images you see.
- Glyph - Mobile Wallet Intelligence
- Greenlancer - web-based solar energy engineering company
- H2Bid – Tenders, bids, and contract opportunities exclusively for water and wastewater utilities
- Had That Beer
- Hashgram - The easiest way to discover and share what’s happening on Instagram.
- HealPay - Makes innovative applications for collecting money.
- iRule - iRule is an app that turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a powerful touchscreen universal remote control.
- JacAPPS - Mobile Application Development
- karmaCRM - Simple, web based customer relationship management.
- KnowledgeWatch - Harvests the latest news in a field, including company mentions and competitors’ moves.
- LeadNuke - Automate the Discovery of, and Contact Warm Sales Leads
- L33t Labs – game developer producing next generation video games and technology
- Leftos - Lessons for the Opposite Sex
- Mango Languages – Fun, Fast & Effective Foreign Language Learning program for the world’s most popular languages.
- Message Blocks – Event Management made simple
- Olark - Simple, clean live chat for your website.
- Outdoor Hub - Leading online platform targeting the outdoor enthusiast lifestyle
- OWN Point of Sale - Social Point of Sale
- PartyLine – Mobile app that randomly connects people together in a one-on-one voice chat.
- pendaran – Learn fundamental skills of personal and organizational change in a realistic simulation.
- Pulse2 - Make iPhone/iPad applications
- Realtime Farms
- RegainGo – Connecting consumers to local contractors
- Robot Couture
- Ruby Skills – Ruby developers – App Development Shop
- Savvy Sender – Free email marketing and tracking service.
- schedj – beyond status updates and check-ins
- SettlementApp – Offer effective settlement options
- Shortjab.us – Marketplace for music producers
- SoapBox - A meaningful digital backchannel for classrooms
- Stik – Social Recommendations startup
- Texts From Last Night - Blog that re-posts short text messages submitted by its users.
- The New Student Union - Online publication changing the way we engage with media, run by and for college students.
- Thoughtback - A never-ending stream of your thoughts
- Twilk - Get your Twitter Follower pictures on your twitter background
- Ubi Video
- University Shuffle – Simplifying the Admissions Process
- uwemp - Online courses and training activities to redefine the (educational) learning process
- Varsity News Network
- zferral - Social referral platform for any size business
- Zipments - An online marketplace for same day delivery
- Ann Arbor New Tech Meetup (A2NewTech)
- A2 Geeks
- Beer:30 @ Ann Arbor Tech Brewery
- Coffeehouse Coders
- MPowered Events
- Startup Weekends U of M
- 313 Ventures
- Ann Arbor Angels
- Aria Ventures
- Blue Water Angels
- Compuware Ventures
- Detroit Venture Partners
- EDF Ventures
- Envy Capital
- Fontinalis Partners
- Great Lakes Angels
- Lis Ventures
- Ludlow Ventures
- Resonant Ventures
- RPM Ventures
- RSVP Capital
- Stage 2 Innovations LLC
- U of M Wolverine Venture Fund
- Venture Investors